Monday, October 15, 2012

Black rice & quinoa spinach salad

I love salads as meals in every way shape and form and they're even better when they include my two favourite ingredients: spinach and radish. Here's one that I threw together after another crazy Bulk Barn trip where I found some black rice. I wasn't really sure how to cook the black rice properly, it took me so much time because I'm the worst. But it worked out in the end and it turns out that black rice is actually really tasty and good for you (similar to brown rice but even BETTER). 


Ingredients: 
1/2 black rice
1/2 quinoa
3 green onions
5 radishes
2 small cucumbers
1/2 cup spinach (I used regular spinach but baby spinach works too)
crushed garlic (I used 4 cloves but I love a lot of garlic)
olive oil
lemon juice
balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper
feta cheese
olives
  1. Prepare the quinoa and the rice.
  2. Chop up the vegetables, crush the garlic.
  3. Mix vegetables with lemon juice, balsamic, salt and pepper, olive oil, and garlic.
  4. Add rice and quinoa, mix again. 
  5. Add feta cheese and olives on top when you're ready to serve.
It made enough to feed 5 people with leftovers for lunch! And it still tasted great the next day.

Lunch: salad; Snacks: walnuts feta cheese, & olives; kiwi, banana, and guava with some Nutella

1 comment:

  1. you are inspiring me to pack healthy lunches, you are too good!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts