P.S: I wrote this post is especially for Caroline at And Stay Sweet - check out her blog, it's awesome!
Ingredients:
- shrimp (mine were raw)
- 1 small onion
- crushed garlic
- crushed ginger
- 2 tomatoes
- cilantro
- black pearl medley rice mix (or any kind of rice)
- sesame oil
- lemon
- salt & pepper
- Prepare the vegetables: Crush 2 heads of garlic, some fresh ginger, dice up an onion, chop the cilantro, and dice the tomatoes (be sure to add the tomatoes in a small bowl on their own so you hold on to their juice!)
- Wash the shrimp and let it marinate in the lemon, oil, salt, pepper, crushed garlic and soy sauce.
- Cook the rice (if you're using the black pearl medley rice, be sure to follow the directions. I didn't and it took me so long. I also can't cook rice for the life of me soo...)
- Splash some oil in a pan and sautée the onions, garlic, and ginger. Add salt and pepper.
- Once the onions are slightly carmelized, add in the shrimp and cook until it's pink.
- Throw in the tomatoes and parsley. Turn down the heat and let it simmer so that the tomato turns into a sauce. I added a lot of ginger at this point to give it more flavor.
- When the rice is done cooking, mix it with the shrimp and enjoy!
Let me know if you try out the recipe, I'd love to know how it turns out!

No comments:
Post a Comment