Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Lunch ideas

Since this blog is about packed lunches, I thought I'd share some of the ones I took to work over the last couple of weeks. Tips and tricks? Buy dry foods in bulk if you can, they don't go bad and they're excellent for lunches: filling & healthy.

One thing I include in almost all my lunches is goji berries. They have a sticky sweetness to them, almost like a mini cross between raisins and dates. According to the Internet, they're a superfood that can treat a whole slew of medical issues and they're packed with vitamin C. Unfortunately, they're a little bit expensive but I'm still running off a bag from when my mom became obsessed with every health fad that's ever existed. I'll probably buy another bag only because I think they're delicious.

  • Ginger shrimp stirfry with radish, red pepper, broccoli, onion, and eggplant (leftovers!)
  • Strawberry yogurt with hemp seeds
  • Raw almonds and goji berries
  • 1 banana
  • 2 tbsp peanut butter
  • 1 chocolate banana cookie


  • 1/2 a can of tuna with raw dandelion greens
  • 1/2 of grapes
  • 1 avocado
  • Cucumber slices, goat cheese, and olives
  • Greek yogurt with honey, walnuts, goji berries, and raisins

  • Arugula, radish and ground beef with goat cheese and a roasted potato
  • Walnuts and goji berries
  • Olives, goat cheese and basil
  • Rice crackers and grapes

4 comments:

  1. you blow my mind every day

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want goji berries but I have never seen them here >:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i think they're mostly at health food stores and online. they're super tasty!

      Delete

Popular Posts