And I already mentioned that it looks cool and tastes good too, right?
The rice went perfectly with the coconut lime chicken that I made, which had a slightly sweet taste to it. The coconut browned perfectly and the brown sugar complemented the lime really well. I also added some shredded coconut to the rice as it was cooking and then again when it was done and it added a really nice flavour. I highly recommend soaking the rice for at least an hour to cut down on cooking time.
Ingredients:
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 lime
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- 1/2 tsp Soy sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 cup black rice
- Salt and pepper
- Chile pepper (optional)
Instructions:
- Cook the black rice according to directions. For some extra flavor, throw in a spoonful of shredded coconut.
- Mix lime juice, coconut, garlic, sour cream, soy sauce, olive oil, brown sugar, and salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl, add half of the lime juice mix to the chicken breasts.
- In a pan on medium heat, cook chicken breasts. Once the chicken is cooked, add the other half of the sauce sprinkling on some more shredded coconut. At this point, add in some slices of chili pepper and turn the heat to low.
- Once the chicken looks nice and browned on the outside, turn off the heat and cover the pan until the rice is ready to serve.
It was perfect for lunch with some goji berries, almonds, walnuts, banana chocolate cookies, peanut butter and a clementine.


This looks AMAZING! I've never tried black rice but now I really want to!
ReplyDelete