Saturday, August 27, 2011

You need to spend money to save money (or something like that)

Last week I spotted some extremely cute lunch bags that I couldn't justify buying, no matter what technique I used. Even my trusty trick of dividing the price of the product by the number of expected uses failed me. My friend didn't hesitate to remind me that this was because I never actually packed lunches and I couldn't pull off trying to carry it as a purse.

Thankfully, my mind always finds a way to get what it wants. Not that this project was created solely to justify the purchase of a $15 lunch bag or anything, but I've now divided the hell out of the price of the lunch bag. To the point where I've decided that I'm pretty much making money off of it. Pretty much.

So here it is, my brand new money-maker, otherwise known as an insulated lunch bag. The brand is Koko from Winners.


Isn't it so pretty? It even comes with little reusable utensils! Which I will never use because they're too ridiculous.

I'm actually starting to get really excited for this lunch-packing business. Anyone interested in joining my challenge?

5 comments:

  1. Maya! Yes I think I'll join your challenge. You can actually get pretty creative in lunch making. But, can I modify things and give myself two cheat days?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to your recipes!! I'm going to challenge my self to not eat campus food this year because its pricey and awful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Zeina - You can modify the challenge however you want, it's totally up to you!

    @Konval - Campus food is the worst, I hope my recipes help! They'll be easy to make, I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had really awful fried rice and spring rolls at the cafeteria today so I would also like to do this challenge with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best of luck Maya. I bet you'll be able to save so much money in the coming weeks, that'll you'll think twice about eating out for lunch. AK

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts