Thursday, October 4, 2012

Baked brie goodness

I love cheese with a blinding passion, any type of cheese and yes that includes BLUE! I always try to find a way to include a cheese dish as an appetizer and this baked brie dish has always been a winner. Even better is that it takes no time at all and you can get really creative with it. I apologize in advance for the terrible photos lately. I just Instagram everything; I EVEN HAD MY GOOD CAMERA WITH ME!

One day soon I will stop using my iPhone to take photos of everything

Ingredients:
  • 1 wheel or wedge of brie
  • honey
  • 5-6 cloves of garlic
  • fresh cranberries
  • apples
  • bread or crackers of your choice


Preheat the oven to 375 F
Place all the ingredients in a dish, smother the brie in honey and pour honey all over the other fruit
Put it in the oven and bake for around 25 minutes (be sure to only take it out once you're ready to eat, or it will harden)

You can do a lot of different things with this dish. In the past I've crushed the garlic and rubbed it all over the brie before putting honey on it or made a more savory dish by using tomatoes and fresh thyme. As long as there's cheese involved, it's heaven in my books.

2 comments:

Popular Posts