Thursday, April 12, 2012

Ingredient obsession: Paprika and Chickpeas (Fish stir fry)

Every now and then, I go through ingredient obsessions where all my food starts to taste the same. For a while, I couldn't stop pouring soy sauce and ginger onto everything. Another phase was spinach, mushroom, and cream (still in love with it to be honest). Right now, I'm hooked on paprika and chick peas. Seriously, I've been using chick peas in everything lately, and paprika adds the perfect flavour to them. Salads, stir fries, I even made chick pea burgers the other day which I'll share in my next post. But most importantly, we can't forget that chick peas equal hummus!

Not only are chick peas cheap, they're incredibly filling and healthy. They're low in fat, sodium, and cholesterol and they're an excellent source of iron. This recipe combines cod fillet and veggies with my two new favorite ingredients, chick peas and paprika.


Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Servings: 5-6

Ingredients:
  • 3 cod fillets
  • 5 large mushrooms
  • 1 small onion
  • 1 small green pepper
  • 1 small yellow pepper
  • 1/2 cup chick peas
  • Parsley (optional)
  • Paprika
  • Olive oil
  • Salt and Pepper to taste
Step 1: 
Sautée onions, mushrooms, and peppers in olive oil. Add 2 tablespoons paprika, salt, and pepper.

Step 2:
Add pre-cooked chick peas with a little bit of olive oil and 1 tbsp paprika. Cook for about 3 minutes. Move to side.

Step 3:
Cook fish on medium heat. Add salt and pepper. I added a little bit more paprika, I also cooked in the same pan as the other vegetables so that the leftover paprika would mix.

Step 4: 
Once the fish is done cooking, cut it into smaller pieces (I just used the spatula). Add parsley.


Step 5:
Add chick peas and vegetables and mix. Serve it cold or hot. It was a perfect lunch dish that I didn't even need to microwave.



1 comment:

  1. This is very fantastic! I tried this last night for my mid night snack with my friends and this very delicious! Actually, my friends also liked this dish and they would like to learn how to cook this also.

    Beef Stir Fry

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts