Saturday, April 14, 2012

Watch it! Counting cals and working out

For a couple of weeks, I've been completely uninspired food-wise. Big life changes can bring on really bad eating habits and the truth is, I was also massively cheating on Project Pack a Lunch. The reason? I recently got a new job right in the middle of Ottawa's Little Italy and there's a good reason for it being nicknamed Carb Alley. For the first two weeks I worked there, I was eating nothing but sandwiches, pastas, and desserts. Anyone ever heard of a magical place called Simply Biscotti?

I've cut down on the cheating, although I am in no way about to give up a monthly tiramisu or a lobster tail (think crispy phyllo filled with Bavarian cream). However, I have made a decision to start monitoring my daily intake (using MyFitnessPal - add me! username: mayashouc) and after 2 years of telling myself I would do it tomorrow, I've finally finally finally joined a gym.


They can get a little messy...
Realistically, I know absolutely nothing about working out or counting calories. I barely even know what to wear to the gym on a regular basis and no, I will not purchase Lulu anything (100$ for a pair of yoga pants? No thanks). Having a gym buddy has definitely made things a little easier, although she did influence me into a poutine the other night! It's really just been a work in progress. And hopefully I only need a few more yoga sessions before I can finally touch my toes.

So tell me, what do you do to stay fit? What's your gym workout? And most importantly, what in the world do you wear?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts