Friday, February 24, 2012

Shrimp in Creamy Parsley Sauce (and Nutella Sugar Cookies for Dessert)

We can talk about how I've been failing miserably at Project Pack a Lunch over the last couple of months or (even better idea!) we can just talk about all the delicious food I've been making.

Starting with these:
I'm on a "diet"
That's right, Nutella sugar cookie sandwiches. Really I should just stop at Nutella and everyone should be all over them, but they're also so easy to make and absolutely delicious. I followed this recipe and was even running after two year olds while making them.

Now for the shrimp. My friends and I have a new obsession with making our food look as pretty as possible. (Thank you, Pinterest). I've seen a lot of photos of hollowed out avocado shells with food inside of them so I decided to do my own take on it. Since I can follow NO directions when it comes to cooking, this is what I ended up with: creamy parsley sauce with shrimp.

They passed the picky brother test!
No real recipe for these today, but here's what you need to make them:

- Sautée onions and garlic in butter
- Add the shrimp
- Add lots of chopped up parsley
- Let it all simmer
- Add in half & half cream (bad bad bad, but so good)
- Stir in 2 teaspoons of flour so that the cream thickens
- Let simmer for 3-5 minutes


- Hollow out avocado, make a side salad out of the avocado!
- Scoop some rice onto the avocado shell and scoop some shrimp sauce on top

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts